NEJM has been parceling out the results of the ANNEXA studies like the Harry Potter movie series. I can’t wait for the final verdict on Xa-inhibitor reversals and the subgroup analysis on intracranial bleeds. But for now, here is the study methodology:
- bolus over 15-30 minutes + 2-hour infusion
- For Apixaban or Rivaroxaban >7h before
- 400mg bolus, 480mg infusion
- For Enoxaparin, Edoxaban, Rivaroxaban <7h before or unknown time
- 800mg bolus, 960mg infusion
Anti–Factor Xa Activity and Percent Change from Baseline in Patients Receiving Rivaroxaban and Apixaban (Efficacy Population).
Connolly, Stuart J. et al. “Andexanet Alfa For Acute Major Bleeding Associated With Factor Xa Inhibitors”. New England Journal of Medicine (2016).