- ASA (325 mg daily) and clopidogrel (75 mg daily) x 5 days prior to procedure
- platelet aggregometry 1–2 days before procedure
- further loading of aspirin and/or clopidogrel PRN
- unanticipated stenting
- load with IV or IA abciximab intraprocedurally
- then load and maintain on ASA and clopidogrel
- systemic heparinization prior to guide catheter introduction, target activated clotting time 2–2.5 greater than baseline
Spiotta, Alejandro M et al. “Comparison Of Techniques For Stent Assisted Coil Embolization Of Aneurysms”. Journal of NeuroInterventional Surgery 4.5 (2011): 339-344.