- If there is an EVD, is the EVD closed and secure for patient mobilization?
- Have ICPs been well controlled for 24 h with no administration of mannitol or hypertonic saline?
- Is there no active titration of parenteral vasopressors or antihypertensives?
- Is the CAM-ICU negative for delirium?
- Does the patient have a stable neurologic exam?
- If patient has an AIS, has it been 24 h after the onset of symptoms?
- If patient has an aSAH, has the aneurysm been treated?
- If patient has a spontaneous ICH, has the hemorrhage volume been stable for 24 h?
If all above questions are answered “Yes” or “N/A,” proceed with early mobilization
Olkowski, Brian F. and Syed Omar Shah. “Early Mobilization In The Neuro-ICU: How Far Can We Go?”. Neurocritical Care (2016): n. pag. Web. 4 Jan. 2017.